This statement applies to personal information collected by CCA, a division of Probe Group Pty Ltd.
CCA is bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPP) in the Privacy Act 1988, which regulates how organisations may collect, use, disclose and store personal information and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them.
CCA collects personal information from a number of different sources.
Most personal information is provided to CCA by its clients, who are seeking to recover debts. Other personal information is collected from publicly available sources such as business databases, the media, courts and tribunals, electoral rolls, Australia Post and bodies such as ITSA (Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia) and ASIC.
Information will only be collected in a fair and lawful way.
The type of personal information collected by CCA may include:
- identifying information about the individual, such as:
- full name
- date of birth
- previous and current addresses
- other contact details: phone, fax and email
- details about the circumstances giving rise to the debt
- (publicly available) court judgments and bankruptcy orders
- other information that may assist in the collection of debts on behalf of CCAâ€™s clients.
CCA endeavours to ensure that all personal information that it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete and secure.
Personal information is only used and disclosed by CCA for purposes that are related to one of its functions or activities. These include:
- the recovery of debt;
- the provision of financial and credit management services, credit and business information and credit risk assessments;
- the preparation for or conduct of proceedings before a court or for the enforcement of judgments resulting from such proceedings; and/or
- limited marketing purposes.
Right of access and correction
You may request access to personal information that CCA holds about you and to have incorrect information amended. Where CCA determines that no amendment to your personal information is required, you have the right to add a statement to your file.
How to contact CCA
For further information, please contact CCA on 1300 222 001.